This fun hair style is a great idea for Spring Racing Carnival, especially if it's a windy day. Pantene were kind enough to share their step by step with me. You can see my DIY version and everything I used to create the look at the end of this post.
This look was inspired by the SS14 Moschino show, which marked the 30th Anniversary of the Fashion House and created by Sam McKnight, Global Pantene Stylist Ambassador.
Two hair looks were created for this special show – good girl vs evil girl. The ‘good girl’ hair look was inspired by innocence and youth and comprised of a braid on either side of the head that met in the middle above the nape of the neck and was twisted into a delicate bun. This ethereal and angelic look juxtaposed the sharp side parting and slick finish of that of the ‘evil girl’.
Get the Good Hair look:
- Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair using Pantene Ice Shine Shampoo and Conditioner
- Apply Pantene Styling Treatment Foam Soft Curls through the hair from root to tip and brush through
- Blow-dry with a round brush if you have curly hair and rough dry if your hair is straight
- Apply Pantene Intensive Damage Repair Oil to the ends of the hair for a smooth and healthy finish
- Create a centre parting all the way down the head (I did a zig zag parting) and section off into two pony tails either side of the head
- Braid the hair at each side of the head from front to back along the sides of the head and join the braids together just above the nape of the neck
- Tie with elastic and then fold the tail of the braid back up on itself, forming a bun
- Tease the braids for an imperfect texture and spray with Pantene Stay Smooth Hairspray to keep everything in place
Time for a colour touch up too!
Stay tuned for some more 35+ beauty and make-up posts for Spring.
Disclosure: These products were provided for editorial consideration. 3pickles has no affiliation with any companies mentioned and has received no remuneration for posting this review. All opinions are those of the author.